6 Ways to Keep Your Account Secure
Hackers are constantly looking to gain access to personal info, including your bank account. Here are six tips that will help keep your account safe:
1. Utilize mobile banking apps every day.
Mobile Banking apps allow you to instantly monitor your account activity anywhere in the world.
To learn how to download our:
Personal Mobile Banking app: Click Here
Business mobile banking app: Click Here
2. Sign up for text alerts to monitor all transactions.
Home Bank's Notifi mobile alerts allows you to always be aware of all activity happening in your account. Text alerts are fully customizable, and can be accessed within your Home Bank mobile banking app.
3. Never share your account information with anyone.
This advice may seem obvious, but you should never share account numbers, PIN numbers or any other account info with anyone. If someone is requesting a PIN number over the phone, don't do it. This is a big sign of fraudulent activity.
4. Use Positive Pay for business accounts.
Check fraud is a growing concern for many business owners. Positive Pay can reduce check fraud risk, offering peace of mind so you can focus on what's most important — your business.
5. Use strong passwords.
abc123 is not a strong enough password for your online banking account. Make your password lengthy - at least 15 characters. Special characters and a combination of upper and lower case letters add an extra layer of security.
Other things to consider with passwords:
- Never write down or store unencrypted
- Avoid using the same password for multiple applications
- Don't reveal a password to anyone
- Don't reveal a password on questionnaires or security forms
- Do not use the "Remember Password" feature of applications
6. If you see something, say something.
When you see an unusual / unexpected transaction, contact us right away. The earlier we find out, the better the chance of stopping the activity and getting your money back.