Health Savings Account (HSA)
You shouldn't have to choose between your money or your health. Start saving now for future medical expenses with an HSA — so you can experience wellbeing in all areas of your life.
- Save for future health costs
- Interest bearing account
- Contribute funds pre-tax
- Earnings grow tax-deferred
- Unlimited check writing for qualified medical expenses
- High deductible health plan required
- No monthly/annual service charge
- Low $25 set-up fee
- No minimum balance to maintain
- No use-it-or-lose-it restrictions
- Free Visa® HSA debit card
- Free online banking
- Online bill pay available
- Free eStatements
- $50 minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
Compare our savings accounts with an at-a-glance chart.
A health savings account (HSA) is a tax-exempt trust or custodial account that you set up with a qualified HSA trustee or custodian to pay or reimburse certain medical expenses you incur. You must be an eligible individual to qualify for an HSA. You can learn much more about Health Savings Accounts by contacting your Home Bank representative and/or reviewing IRS Publication 969 here.